4-H LeadersThe 4-H program is anchored by the dedicated volunteers guiding our members and building better leaders! They bring the the enthusiasm, knowledge, skills and energy to our program year after year.
You do not need to be an 'expert' to be a 4-H leader; you only need enthusiasm and a desire to make a positive impact in a child's life. Parents, caregivers and community members all play a critical role in volunteering with the program to support our members.
More than 280 volunteer leaders in Prince Edward Island share their time and talents to help members "Learn to do by Doing." Leaders also advise and support club members in developing and strengthening skills that help our youth grow and become effective leaders in their communities.
At 4-H PEI, we have so many rewarding volunteer opportunities, there is one to suit everyone.
Volunteering with 4-H PEI offers the opportunity to:- make a difference in the lives of youth in your community;
- use & share your skills and knowledge;
- keep a skill, artisan trade, or craft alive into the next generation;
- create future leaders in your community;
- volunteer with your children, grandchildren or as a family;
- participate in training and skill development opportunities;
- experience personal growth and travel opportunities;
- receive recognition for your contributions.
- Volunteer Leader Roles
- Volunteer Screening & Training
- Risk Management
- Leader Opportunities
- Volunteer Recognition